Wednesday 21 September 2016

"The Grange", School Magazine

I have created a front cover and contents page for a magazine about my school.
I began by taking photographs of myself and other students within the school. I was then able to manipulate the photos using Photoshop in order to create the magazine I had in mind. I was able to add multiple subheadings and titles, as well as use a series of different fonts, colours and sizes on my text. I decided on using a similar shade of blue for my subheadings as to that of the sign in the main image, this allowed my front cover to contain a house style whilst also making the text stand out from the background. I did this whilst also following and using many key conventions of other magazines like the one I wanted to create.

For my contents page I used a medium-long shot as this allowed me to show off the style of clothing that is expected upon entering sixth form. I also decided to use a house brand colour of yellow and blue as these are the colours of the school's logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment